Candy Land Rules
Candy Land Rules
For 2 to 4 Players/ AGE 3+
Welcome to Candy Land® ...
a world of sweet adventure! Come and visit some very special friends. Trove/ the path and stop along the way to explore the Peppermint Forest, the Gumdrop Mountains, and the Chocolate Swamp. As you go, don't forget to visit fun-loving Gramma Nutt and beautiful Princess Frostine. But watch out for the ever menacing Lord Licorice.
Be the first player to reach the Candy Castle by landing on the multi-colored rainbow space at the end of the path.
1 Colorful Gameboard
4 Gingerbread Character Pawns
• Open up the gameboard and place it on a
• Shuffle the cords and place them facedown in
a pile within easy reach of all players.
• Each player picks a Gingerbread Character pawn and places it on the START space on the gameboard.
This classic game requires no reading -just a knowledge of basic colors - to play!
The youngest player goes first. Play then passes to the left.
On your turn, draw one card from the deck and then move your Gingerbread Character pawn as directed below. Your turn is over. Place the card you used in a discard pile.
When you draw a card with one color block, move your pawn forward toward the Candy Castle to the first matching color space on the path.
When you draw a card with two color blocks, move your pawn forward toward the Candy Castle to the second matching color space on the path.
When you draw a Picture card, move your pawn forward or backward on the path to the PINK picture space on the board that matches the PINK picture square on your card. For example, if you draw a CANDY CANE/MR. MINT card, move your pawn to the pink space on the board that shows the candy cane.
1. Always move in the direction of the signposts, unless a Picture card directs you to move backwards on the path.
2. Two or more Gingerbread Character pawns may be on the some space at the some time.
3. Shortcuts: There are 2 shortcuts on the path - the Rainbow Trail and the Gumdrop Poss. If your Gingerbread Character pawn lands, by exact count, on the orange space below the Rainbow Trail or on the yellow space below the Gumdrop Pass, you can toke the shortcut immediately by moving your pawn to the purple space above the Rainbow Trail or to the green space above the Gumdrop Pass.
4. Licorice Spaces: There ore 3 Licorice Spaces on the path. These Licorice spaces were put here by the sneaky Lord Licorice to try to slow you down.
If you land on one of these spaces by exact count, your Gingerbread Character is stuck there for one turn.
5. Ploy as above until a player reaches the multicolored rainbow space near the Candy Castle.
HOW TO WIN THE GAME
If you are the first person to reach the multi-colored rainbow space, you've reached the Candy Castle and won the game.
Special Optional Rule for Younger Players
Picture cards can only send players forward. They never send players back.
If you draw a Picture cord that would send you backward along the path, discord the Picture card and draw a new card.
Special Optional Rule for Older Players
Once you've mastered the classic game, try this more challenging version. On each turn, draw TWO cords. Look at each card and choose which one you want to ploy. Move your Gingerbread Character pawn accordingly, then discard both cords.
Hint: This special rule helps children learn to make decisions as well as speeds up gameplay.